When you have been injured because of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to receive compensation through a Florida personal injury claim. Throughout this process, you’ll have to pay special attention to all of your behavior, so that you don’t give the other party’s insurance adjusters or attorneys a reason to lower your potential compensation.
A Palm Beach injury lawyer will provide you with such guidelines, including your social media usage.
When it comes to social media use during your Florida personal injury claim, you’ll want to adhere to the following10 tips to protect your case:
- stop using social media until your Florida personal injury claim is settled;
- keep Facebook status updates general;
- monitor comments that others make on your Facebook account;
- monitor your updates and comments you receive on Twitter;
- monitor other online content you use (such as blogs or MySpace) that could also be used against you;
- set your social media privacy controls to the highest possible setting;
- never mention anything about your accident or injuries on any of your social media accounts;
- examine all of your videos and pictures to see if any could be used against you;
- monitor friends’ and family members’ social media sites to see if you have been tagged in their profiles; and
- limit your social media use.
While social media is a great tool that helps you to stay connected with others, it may harmful to your Florida personal injury case if left unchecked. If you have been injured and need help protecting your claim, consulting with a Palm Beach injury lawyer should be your next step.
Contacting a Palm Beach Injury Lawyer
When it comes to choosing an attorney, you can’t afford to play a game of chance. Picking a Florida injury attorney based on a colorful bus ad or a touching TV commercial won’t necessarily put you in touch with the attorney best suited for your case.
Palm Beach injury lawyer Theodore Babbitt has spent years building his practice and growing his network of trusted colleagues and well-respected lawyers. Simply fill out our online form for Florida injury victims, and Mr. Babbitt will personally review your story to see if you have a valid personal injury claim. He will then put you in touch with the attorney best-suited to handle your case. There is no cost to get started – 1-877-751-8087.